CHATTERBOX LXXXVII Xander

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: CHATTERBOX LXXXVII Xander

Postby Ratatouille » October 8th, 2019, 2:24 pm

earthmaiden wrote:How trying! Is it a dislike or an allergy?

Not an allergy, he's just a fussy eater. He won't eat meat on the bone either so last Sunday's osso bucco had to have the bone removed completely from his plate. If he wasn't such a nice person he would be an utter pita.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 8th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Ice ... thanks :tu: .... I've had it and I’m back. :tutu:
Now I’m on the sofa with the knitting :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 8th, 2019, 2:49 pm

My French OH didn't eat cheese - or though he didn't

Very successful trip out
1. Took the train instead of the bus WHY HAVEN@T I BEEN DOING THAT
2. Finally found the legendary church candle shop, it's in a collapsing prefabricated garage in the vicarage car park, no wonder I missed it before. It is excellent and I have a giant economy pack of candles
3. Had lunch at Green Papaya; zha jiang noodles, very good, as they make their own noodles, could have done with a bit more chilli
4. Bought some lovely greater galangal and fresh turmeric at the big Vietnamese supermarket, sadly they had no lesser galangal which I also wanted. This area is little Vietnam
5. Went to the big Lidl and bought bits and pieces, mainly 2 trays of UK grown pansies and a tray of lovely heathers, which was actually the reason for going there.

Having a good day since I spoke to the bank before I went out and lovely lady sorted out an issue for me

Will end up collapsing in front of bake off, I think the storm is about to hit
Have a good evening everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » October 8th, 2019, 2:55 pm

We have the storm!
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 8th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Just seen these lovely pictures of London shopfronts, mostly local to me
Steve Hatt was my fishmonger for years and Jeff @ the Cookery still is my butcher
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-49958858
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 8th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Am chuffed to discover, from article in today's 'Guardian', that two local restaurants we've eaten at in the past have just been awarded Michelin stars. :D

https://www.askhamhall.co.uk/restaurant-with-rooms/

We ate here just after it opened and I commented to the staff that there would come the day when we could say 'we ate there before they had a star'. Even more super, they run our local pub (the George and Dragon) too. :) :tu:

https://www.oldstamphouse.com/

We've eaten here a couple of times following a recommendation from a foody friend. It's splendid. :hungry:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 8th, 2019, 8:04 pm

StokeySue wrote:Just seen these lovely pictures of London shopfronts, mostly local to me
Steve Hatt was my fishmonger for years and Jeff @ the Cookery still is my butcher
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-49958858

I saw that Sue and you did spring to mind as someone who may comment on it today. :grin: There is something ever so interesting about shop fronts, I am also quite drawn to pub fronts and signs, especially those in London. As far back as I got on my family tree landed me in Westminster looking for the site that my great, great, great (I think) uncles used to work. Although nothing was left of it to see, it was somehow quite a nice feeling just being there.

A busy day at work again. My car share friend loaned me her three step ladder so that I can finish painting the tops of my door frames and put up a wall hanging. I was chuffed with myself at getting the very light but awkwardly shaped ladder up to my flat without crashing into anything or tripping up, then upon opening the door both me and the ladder came to a fierce stop as the door hit a parcel laying on the floor on the other side. Luckily no damage done and nobody saw my embarrassing heap. :lol: After regaining my posture I found the parcel to be my newly ordered colouring book 'Beards With Birds - A Love Story', essentially each page has a man with a beard with birds living in it, and why not! :lol:

By the way, I am addicted to 'The Circle' as mentioned by EM. I was gripped last year and knew I would get sucked right into this one too. Love them or hate them, the characters seem to grow on you! Richard Madeley was hilarious in it, in that it is a popularity contest but he wasn't allowed to win so his aim was to be as unpopular as possible. He was catfishing as a twent something female named Judy. :lol: Nobody guessed! A very interesting reality experiment which is unfortunately aired at 10pm! As I said earlier, that's a bit late for me and I usually fall asleep trying to stay awake! :rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of your evenings folks. :grin:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 8th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Thanks Tezza
I like pub buildings too - I have been laughed at for navigating by pubs, but they have the advantages of being memorable, often on street corners, and well lit until quite late at night

When Scullion and I went to the V&A there was a display of little ceramic models of shop fronts that also included Jeff’s Cookery
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby aero280 » October 8th, 2019, 10:26 pm

When I was collecting my wife from a concert at church, I overheard the local vicar giving directions... " Go up the hill past the old congregational church, then you see the synagogue on your right. When you get to St Peter's. take the right fork and the pub is about 50 yards beyond St Andrews methodist church." :D
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby StokeySue » October 8th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Aero! :lol:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 9th, 2019, 5:19 am

Good Morning Wild Ones
StokeySue wrote:- I have been laughed at for navigating by pubs, but they have the advantages of being memorable, often on street corners, and well lit until quite late at night
I find it very sensible navigating by pubs and churches, both are usually distinctive buildings, even if they close their structure seldom changes. Years ago I was given directions to turn left by a building that used to be a Little Chef, when I got there it was obvious.
I am off to Lidl, it is supposed to be Italian Week, this means that they have pasta, some sauces, cheeses and cooked meats, nothing terribly interesting..

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2019, 5:33 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
I went to bed really early and slept like a log ...
I also give directions and navigate by pubs and churches ... it’s why I find the current trend for changing pubs’ names every three minutes very annoying ... one new here has had at least five names in the past 25 years
:rolleyes:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 9th, 2019, 6:53 am

Good morning wild ones. I have twinned something in my wrist, it is so painful I have had to strap it up :rolleyes: I can't even pick a cup up :twisted: anyway, it's quite cool this morning but not raining yet :D I think I will do a bit of washing. Are any of you the winner of the Euromillions draw, one UK ticket holder has won, £170 million :o now I could do some damage with that :lol: :lol:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2019, 7:29 am

I did buy a ticket ... for some reason they gave me the wrong one :? Do you think I could complain to Wrose?
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 9th, 2019, 8:08 am

Back from Lidl or as I am beginning to call them Lidl the liars, so many of their special offers are not available, they cover themselves with the subject to availability but there is usually so much missing it is ridiculous.
Small mystery, I was driving through Erimi, there was a local man wearing one of those high crowned, large brimmed straw hats. Where do they buy them? I have never seen them for sale. I suspect that there is a little hole in the wall shop in Limassol Old Town where an elderly person makes and sells them

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » October 9th, 2019, 8:47 am

I have a very heavy cold and I was playing with my iPad at 1am. I got a newsflash saying the Euromillions jackpot winner was from the UK almost at the same time as I received an email from the National Lottery saying there was news about my ticket. :o :o :o

Two pounds blooming ninety. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 9th, 2019, 8:51 am

Good morning
Suffolk, they are beginning to return pub names to the originals round here, apart from memory when they do up the brickwork and mouldings properly they often find that they have nice Spread Eagle or Red Lion motifs - two actual examples

Quite nice ice here at the moment but more showers later, sticking with the plan to do my plants tomorrow when it may be dry all day

Went to sleep on the sofa last night, first time I’ve done that in ages

I ey, take care of that wrist

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2019, 8:53 am

Morning all! :wave: . More dampness and wind outside with raindrops showing on the weather forecast all day. Tomorrow looks better.

I agree that pubs are good navigational aids - and churches of course ;). I think it's very sad how they change pub names at a whim, so many original names had an historic meaning locally.

£170m would certainly create different and interesting worries to any that most of us have at the moment! I used to buy tickets online but need to ring them to change my card details, I don't think I would do it every week but just some weeks I feel I could have been lucky if I had bought a ticket :lol: . Edited to say - bad luck PP!

Hope your wrist is better soon icey. Hope too that Moira the hat sleuth gets to the bottom of the mystery! It sounds rather as though you may be right already. Seatallen - it sounds as though you've moved to a rather select foodie area!

Tezza - this is the first series of The Circle I've watched, I don't usually bother with that kind of programme. I gather there have been quite a few complaints about the time it is shown. I did start watching the next day but kept hearing and reading spoilers before I could see it. The hour goes by so fast!

Better go and do something, everything I really want to do is outdoors but I don't want to get rained on.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 9th, 2019, 9:00 am

Morning everyone :wave:

icelesley wrote: Are any of you the winner of the Euromillions draw, one UK ticket holder has won, £170 million :o now I could do some damage with that :lol: :lol:

We didn't have a ticket this week. Mr R buys one on the first Sunday of every month when he buys the paper. We won €50.00 in September. I think 170 million would be more likely to do you damage than the other way round.
I find Lidl here just the same Moira - so annoying sometimes they don't even have the theme advertised. Their excuse is always "They" didn't send it/them. Emails produce absolutely no response.

It's cloudy here and feels like rain although none is forecast.

I love those shop fronts Sue. There is a fabulous shop in Avignon which is a couple of centuries old and still has the same fittings it seems. They sell hats which, when not on display, are kept in deep, polished wood drawers. Mens' hats to the right of the counter and ladies' to the left. Opposite this shop there is another which sells made to measure shirts.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » October 9th, 2019, 9:26 am

Good morning everyone,
Another pub/landmark navigator here - didn't everyone before sat nav & google maps? ;)
I only do the Saturday lottery so can safely say it's not me that's in the money this time :lol: .
It's horrible, cold, wet and windy morning but I do have to out but think it will be a taxi there and back. While I'm out I need to pop by Boots and get some cold sore cream, typically one has started on the end of my nose and I'm out for a friend's birthday, I'd prefer not to look like Rudolph if I can help it :(
Barring anything unforeseen my Dad's house sale & key handover will take place on the 25th October. It's a quick turnaround but it's good know it will be occupied before the winter properly kicks in. We are heading down this weekend when my son is up to do the last clear out and then it will just be the final meter readings before we hand the keys to the lawyer on the 24th.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 9th, 2019, 11:34 am

earthmaiden wrote:Seatallen - it sounds as though you've moved to a rather select foodie area!

I know. Mountains AND food. Life doesn't get any better really... :D :tu:

Showery here but rather lovely. We were saying this morning that we've seen more rainbows in the past two months than we saw in the last seven years at the old house.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 9th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Good afternoon all,

Trying out posting from work. All seems good!

Just having a read up on London pubs from the following web page.

https://alondoninheritance.com/category/londonpubs/

I must look at my family tree tonight, see if I can find reference to the pub name I mentioned earlier in Westminster.

I have to add my name to the list of folk moaning about how late The Circle is on. Last night 10.15pm for an hour. I missed the last twenty minutes or so, which is usually where all the interesting stuff happens. :rolleyes:

Lunch was a rather soggy Co-op creation of pitta with halloumi, beetroot and salad and I now have a mouthful of teeth requiring attention from the pomegranate seeds. I'll not buy that again.

Enjoy the rest of your day folks!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2019, 12:36 pm

That's where retirement is good! I was babysitting last night and knew I would be leaving before 11pm. I came home and watched it on catch up after 11pm, then some of Bake Off but fell asleep during the technical challenge - bed late, watched the rest this morning (what a funny cake that was!).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Just seen this on our local news - how bizarre, seems it has happened before too!

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... n-bristol/
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 9th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Poor fox em,

Suffs I meant to say how imoressed I was with the housing development in Norwich. It looks very well thought out and attractive.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49970607
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2019, 1:20 pm

Rats :D we are very proud of our city council’s achievement with this project ... it’s been built on the site of a complex of dilapidated buildings where OH and some other artists were renting studios from the council so it has a heightened significance for us.
we just hope that the mixed blessing that is the Right to Buy doesn’t undo the benefits.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 9th, 2019, 1:54 pm

I wish more councils were as forward looking. One of the women architects was interviewed on Womens' Hour on Tuesday. - she too was very impressive and committed
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 9th, 2019, 4:27 pm

I gave up work do's some years ago, I find them quite tedious.
I much preferred to go for an extended lunch with my immediate colleagues.

Re Facebook and other forums.
I agree there are pleasant people and those who are less pleasant.
Sadly there are a couple of people on this forum I choose not to engage with. Shame really.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 9th, 2019, 4:51 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Tezza - this is the first series of The Circle I've watched, I don't usually bother with that kind of programme. I gather there have been quite a few complaints about the time it is shown. I did start watching the next day but kept hearing and reading spoilers before I could see it. The hour goes by so fast!

TeresaFoodie wrote:By the way, I am addicted to 'The Circle' as mentioned by EM.

So is my daughter since she moved in with me .. She doesn't have a tv at home, so watches everything on iplayer here. She is catching up on all the previous series. I had never heard of it, but she is certainly hooked. ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 10th, 2019, 5:17 am

Good morning Wild Ones, a bit cloudy here but it won't come to anything. We are at that time of year where I don't quite know what to wear, layers go off and on again.

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 10th, 2019, 5:40 am

The sky is just beginning to lighten here :D
For some reason my alarm went off at 1am :shock: Thankfully I did get back to sleep, but .... :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 10th, 2019, 6:52 am

... ah .... :mug: is on its way :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 10th, 2019, 7:16 am

Good morning wild ones. The sky is looking good at the moment, the Sun is trying to peep through. :D Shopping day again today. I will see how much more Christmas stuff is on the shelves :rolleyes:
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 10th, 2019, 7:20 am

Morning all! :wave: The sun is out!! Planning to be out and about today so will get out nice and early.

I thought I had seen something about the housing in Norwich a while back. Excellent stuff, shame its not the norm though :rolleyes:.

I ventured into town yesterday to look at clothes (not a great place to go but you have to start somewhere!). I have been rather unimpressed with the styles (especially the baggy trousers which finish above the ankle and require high heels) and colours paraded on catwalks and by the young royals etc this year and find they have made their way onto the provincial high street - in the shops that is, not on the people on the high street!

People in the house over the road have the sort of windows that open like a big door. I've noticed that they seem to sleep with the one in the bedroom opened wide even in the recent rain :?. I would be worried about intruders let alone getting the curtains and carpet soaked!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » October 10th, 2019, 9:48 am

Good morning everyone,
Still wet, cold & wild here, I popped my heating on for a bit this morning first time since the Spring as the bathroom was decidedly chilly. My elder son when he's home is guilty of leaving his bedroom window on tilt (it's a velux) and I don't how often the rain has blown in. Your neighbours must be hardy souls EM who don't mind a damp carpet. ;)
I've got a nose like Rudolph's thanks to a cold sore, I suspect it's going to need more than a dab of concealer to hid it. Thankfully the antiviral cream seems to have stopped it getting any worse.
I'm off out for dinner tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday, the food where we are going is usually excellent so red nose or not I'm really looking forward to it.
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 10th, 2019, 9:57 am

According to our local paper the temperature is going up again this weekend, I knew that there was a reason why I ironed my summer frocks. I need to rethink the weekend menu.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 10th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

Sunny, warm and windy here. The shopping has been done with as many frustrations as usual. I wanted some tete a tete daf bulbs, Mr R was collecting the drinks and I couldn't reach them. I asked a passing assistant to reah me some. He said he couldn't because it wasn't his department :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I asked if you need special qualifications to reach a couple of bags of bulbs (they call them onions) down? He just walked away.

We are waiting for Laura to come and do our hair. I should have had a root booster but the GP has forbidden me to use anything other than gentle shampoo at the moment because my skin is so dry and irritated thanks to the heat and dryness of the summer. he has confirmed that my skin is extremely "sensible" -sensitive in English. i don't think it at all sensible, quite the opposite.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 10th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Good afternoon
I started to post earlier but my pc refused to deal with it

Have been outside and “done” my plants for the winter, it’s been quite pleasant out there, sun and not cold, I didn’t notice much wind but I’m sheltered from SW blows. Planted heathers, pansies and assorted bulbs and tidied up generally. Discovered I’d neglected to soak my anemone corms but the compost is so wet and there’s more rain to come, so I doubt it will matter. Disturbed one large earwig and one teenager sitting on the stairs, who went inside and made himself a most garlicky breakfast, he’s Vietnamese so that’s normal.

Rats, I have very sensitive skin and particularly scalp and I find the worst thing for me is sodium lauryl sulphate (sls) and it’s such a common irritant it is being phased out in pharmaceuticals, though still present in many toiletries. I use a “free-from” shampoo called Elave or just Aveeno baby wash. I’ve even moved to sls free toothpaste (which has made a difference p), some of the Sensodyne varieties are sls free but not all. It’s a pain but it has decluttered the bathroom!

Clouding now Have a good afternoon everyone.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 10th, 2019, 2:30 pm

It is anemone planting time here too, Deb had to over to Paphos to find them. She went to the London Garden Centre, a place well known to keen gardeners at this end of the island. When we came here it was a supermarket that sold plants and had a knowledgeable staff, over the years the supermarket has disappeared and now they just sell plants. Unlike British garden centres it only sells plants, pot and associated items, no coffee shop, no greeting cards, no Christmas decorations. I swear that one year my parents bought the entire families Christmas presents from the garden centre at RHS Wisley.

The Limes will be turned into a Key Lime Pie, all the recipes specify condensed milk, so that has gone on the shopping list

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 10th, 2019, 3:58 pm

Had a nice afternoon out on a trip recce which meant lots of walking and visiting different small villages. Very autumnal now. I hit a tiny village with a narrow street at 3pm when children were coming out of school. There were oodles of huge cars with yummy mummies who thought they owned the road, it was a nightmare. As the school covers just two small villages it seemed a bit excessive. Time was when half the children of a village would pile into one car but now they have to have safety seats it's one car per child. Not many seemed to be walking.

I don't think I've ever had Key Lime Pie.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » October 10th, 2019, 4:09 pm

earthmaiden wrote: Not many seemed to be walking.

my daughter has already walked the footpath from their village to the school, in the next village, - they don't have children yet but she wanted to make sure that walking was feasible. she says it only takes half an hour, so no problem.

the only time i had key lime pie was in key west.
it was ok but maybe it didn't have enough lime in - lemon meringue pie/tart is better.
scullion
Registered

Postby aero280 » October 10th, 2019, 4:18 pm

The key lime pie that I make does not involve cooking (apart from the base). It uses double cream and condensed milk whipped together, which thickens when fresh lime juice is added. I grate the zest and sprinkle it over. Sometimes I put a bit in the cream mix to increase the flavour - if you do that, stir it in at the end, otherwise it will catch on the edges of the whisk and a lot of it will stick and come out again.

Recipe is 1pt double cream, 1 large can of condensed milk and three or four limes.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » October 10th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Back from a lovely sunny day at Cromer, involving a very good crab salad and the purchase of a lovely looking piece of brisket which will go in the Crock Pot on Sunday :D
Now OH is going to have the remains of Tuesday’s Cock a leekie and I’ll have a jacket potato with some good West Country cheddar :hungry:
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 11th, 2019, 5:13 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, cloudy here, it was not forecast.
We are expecting Effie as usual, we were expecting her last Friday too but she did not arrive. I phoned her, mainly to check that she was OK, she was in Athens ! We knew that she was going to Crete to get Hari settled in his new accommodation but neither of us remember being told that she was going to Athens. I am expecting to be told all about it

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 11th, 2019, 6:33 am

Morning all! :wave:. I don't think I'll be trying aero's Key Lime Pie whilst trying to lose weight! I am more fond of lemon too.

More rain, surprise, surprise. I think it has stopped but the forecast has raindrops featured all day. I'm out with a friend today on a small adventure.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 11th, 2019, 6:50 am

Good morning wild ones. It's raining, the beasts are curled up on the sofa refusing to go out :rolleyes: not too much to do today (wisperingsmiley) for now ;)
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 11th, 2019, 8:01 am

I was woken around 4:30 by a loud noise ... possibly a car door banging ... it’s normally very quiet here ... it took me a while to get back to sleep then I slept until 8:30 :shock:
Not a lot on today other than to make HFW’s squash and fennel lasagne https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/sq ... el-lasagne
I’ve not made it before but it sounds tasty, and the River Cottage recipes are usually reliable ... we shall see ... apart from that I have some U3A stuff I need to catch up on.
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 11th, 2019, 8:29 am

ooooo that sounds lovely Suffs :chops: let me know what it's like I might give it a try too.
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 11th, 2019, 8:54 am

Morning everyone :wave:
No sign of anything but shunshine here. I bet the weather changes dramatically when S-I-L turns up next week. She is one of those people who seems to carry the wrong weather around with her

Must remember to check what she is currently not eating. I expect the list has grown longer since last time she was here.It includes such thing as any cute - bunny, baa lambs etc. Any offal, whites of egg, including meringue. Blue cheese, goats' cheese and smelly cheese. Olives and almond.

Hope Effie turns up Moira. I can cope very well if I know Sonia is not coming but find it most disturbing when she forgets to change the day or tell us she's going away.
Suffs you might have have sent me a Cromer crab while you were there :cry:

Have aa happy Friday everyone
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 11th, 2019, 9:09 am

Good morning
It’s raining. It was raining when something woke me at 5 o’clock, quite possibly the rain hitting
Shows no sign of stopping. At least it’s settling in the new plants, the small pansies have fluffed up nicely. It’s not cold so that helps

The plan today is to clear up the house, then tomorrow shopping and cooking as my fried is coming for Saturday supper and Sunday lunch. Trouble is, I’ve no idea about menus. Must think, starter and main, no dessert Fishmonger has had nice little lobsters at a good price recently, so that’s probably Saturday starter, and I fancy lamb, probably in a spicy style for Sunday but??
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop